Skip to main content

51/52- Last week of work and the Nephews come to IN!


 Wahooo! This was a GOOD week! It was my last week of work for the year, and Christmas party in your lesson week. It was a happy stress free week!

Tuesday I had concert #4 of 4, and my last one for the year!!!!!

 My neighbors daughters have been cleaning out his house, and putting stuff outside in a free pile. I was outside chatting with them and saw storage containers in the free pile. So I asked if I could have them, and they said yes, So I got a TON of containers. This picture is actually the second time I got containers. I don't even know how many I got but it was double digits.I am going to be SO organized!


 There was lots of washing containers, and then after some dried I decided to use some of them for my Christmas decorations. I took my tree ect down before I left for home this year and it was a brilliant idea. I will totally be doing this every year now. It was so nice to come back to  a clean house and not to have to spend my vacation taking down christmas decorations!
 On Thursday, my last work day of the year, I celebrated by getting an eye exam. #Adult
 Friday it was finally time to head home to the farm and guess who was there! Lovemuffin and Snugglemuffin!!
 4 hours in and i tripped on a long wooden train that my nephew had been playing with. It hurt SO bad. And still hurts a week later. Thankfully it's better, but not healed yet. And it was my bad knee, the one I had surgery on, because of course...
 Dad read from Luke 2 and then we opened presents!
 I just wanted a nice picture.....
 Fake smile and blurry...
 Lovemuffin got a ride from Nana in the fancy convertible high chair that I found at my neighbors.
 Sunday morning post church at Nana and Grandpa's!




 This is basically the best we got. 

 Proof that my SIL was in fact there! We are both sporting new Christmas shirts!
 Lovemuffin is such a sweet little snuggler. And patient! Not most almost 4 year olds will sit quietly with someone to listen to adults. But he will!



 Sigh.............


 Mom and I after church on Sunday. Apparently standing by windows wasn't a great plan for her glasses in the picture..

 Saturday night I was beat, and knew I had to get up early for church, so I headed to bed BEFORE the nephews did. I was in the kitchen telling Lovemuffin goodnight and I picked him up to hug and kiss him and he actually laid his head on my shoulder and stayed there for several minutes! Now what you need to understand is that he is an awkward hugger. You hug him and his body goes stiff as a board and he moves his face away from you. It's not that he doesn't like it, it's just somehow that is how he hugs. So when he laid his head on my shoulder I was shocked!
 We stood like that snuggling for several minutes and i realized sneaky Nana was taking our picture. Also please ignore the hair situation, I had been laying down on the recliner.
Such a sweet little Lovemuffin!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t