Skip to main content

What's Up Wednesday- I'm BAAACCCCKKKKKKKK!!!!!



Hello Blog World!!

Its been a minute since I have posted on the ol' blogaroo. (Minus a few book reviews)

Ok it's been a year.

Whatevs.

After blogging every week in 2018, I decided to take a break and only do it when I felt like it in 2019. Which turned out to be not very much! HA!

I don't know how much I will blog this year but I do miss having a place to write down and keep all of my memories, so we will see what happens!

I thought I would jump back into blogging with a good ol' What's Up Wednesday to get us caught up on life! 

So here we go!


What I'm eating this week:
I'm starting to write this on a Tuesday, Monday I made mini Naan Pizzas and then made a big batch of pancakes. So this morning I had a pancake for breakfast and it was delish! Tonight I will be picking up Buck Creek Pizza since I will be in the area and I am really looking forward to it!


What I'm reminiscing about:

Nothing at the moment! Or at lest nothing until my FB memory tab hits me with a picture of my nephews when they were little bitty.


What I'm Loving:

So far my schedule this year does not have me getting up at 6 am multiple days of the week. I am really enjoying getting to sleep in until 9 am. My women's bible study starts back up this week, and then I will have to get up at 6 am to get ready for that. But the other days are blessedly not that early!!!


What I've been up to:
Working. A lot. Oh and buying my house!
That was a huge part of the end of last year. From around Sept 20, 2019 to December 26, 2019 when I finally closed my house, my life was full of home buying stuff, and mounds of paperwork. Someday I may do a whole post about the saga of it and having to change mortgage lenders a month into the process. It was stressful to say the least.





What I'm dreading:

My Mom is having surgery next week so I'm kind of dreading that for her sake. But I also am ready for it to be done so she can heal and we know what we are dealing with. But I am dreading seeing her in pain and praying that she doesn't have an adverse reaction to the meds they put her out with.




What I'm working on:

Trying to organize my house and spruce things up now that I can do whatever I want! I need to paint several of the rooms but I am slightly dreading the work and mess that will be, so that's being postponed. Maybe until it's warmer outside and I can open the windows while I paint.

Other than that I am working on lesson planning and the usual! I have a few new beginner students that just started so there is more lesson planning than usual.


What I'm Excited about:

February!!!! It's my Birthday month! Yes, I still LOVE my birthday! And as long as I don't have Strep Throat like I did last year, or something equally as miserable, it will be a great week! Yes, I said week. ;)

I am also SUPER PUMPED because the Ivy Free Massage clinic opens back up in Feb!!!!! Its been a long few months while they were closed.



What I'm Watching/Reading:

After participating in the summer reading program at the library last summer and reading over 200 hours. I never fully got back into watching TV. I feel like all I watch now is the News, Live with Ryan and Kelly (and only the first part of it when they are chatting at the desk) and good ol Live PD Reruns. Gosh I love that show!!

Other than that I am reading! I recently found a person on ebay that sells complete ebook collections of your favorite authors, so I bought 3 of my fave authors and got over 100 books. Right now I am reading a book by Laura Griffin. I just finished 3 (yes 3, told you I love to read!) by Karen Rose.





What I'm listening to:

Right now all I hear is the train going past. It appears that the re-modeler next door has taken a break as I don't hear his equipment anymore.


What I'm Wearing:

This question is still creepy, but today I have an entertaining gig, so I am wearing a black 3/4 length sleeved tunic, my red and black checkered vest, and black leggings with black boots. I am sure I will live to regret the boots since it's usually in the 80s in the room I play in, but it's cold outside. 









What I'm doing this weekend:

My Mom is having surgery on Monday and she is concerned about getting germs/sick before her surgery. This concern extends to her nursing staff (AKA me and my Dad)  So I am honoring her wishes and staying home from church and away from people as much as possible. The school corp. by my parents closed for two days last week into the weekend be


What I'm looking forward to next month:

Ok Well best laid plans. I started writing this last Tuesday Jan, 28, it's now Feb 3, and I'm at the aforementioned hospital hanging out in the waiting room with my Dad. While my Mom has surgery. 

ANYWAYS

I am looking forward to my Birthday and hopefully all of us being healthy enough to celebrate it. Last year my Mom was sick on the Sunday we were going to celebrate and then by my actual birthday I had Strep Throat (Thanks students) and was a hot mess. 


What else is new:
The fact that I'm actually blogging. Even though it took me an entire week to finish one post! HA!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t