Skip to main content

1/52

 I'm BAAAAACKKKKKKK!!! I decided that I really missed blogging and doing my weekly recaps, so it's my goal in 2021 to start that back up and continue throughout the entire year. So here's a glimpse at the first week of 2021!


Somehow these pictures uploaded all out of order and well, we all know I'm not going to fix them!

I have been on my 2 week Christmas Vacation and have loved being able to do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted to! My life is so scheduled, and I really look forward to the times I don't have to watch a clock! One thing I worked on over break was decorating since the Christmas stuff was down. I printed off a ton of pics and had fun framing them and figuring out where to put stuff.


I finally framed my favorite picture of my Grandma and B.


Mom made me this shelf (with more to come!) for behind my teaching chair and I decided to break out the Valentine's day decor a little early.


I also finally painted my giant H white, and hung it back up! It was a bright green, but after painting my living room walls this past summer, it just didn't go well with the walls and the curtains. Now it looks great!


I did a LOT of this! Laying on my comfy sectional. Cuddled up under blankets, and reading books. Glorious. It. was. glorious!


I believe this was Week 43 of #CouchChurch thanks to #Coronavirus . My church is back in person, but thanks to being high risk/immunocompromised, yours truly is couch churching it up until I'm vaccinated. After church reopened I stepped into the role of leading our Weekly Watch party on Sundays!
It snowed just enough to make it pretty, and little enough that I didn't have to get my snowblower out! Which I don't mind doing it now that I have a nice snowblower, but it was nice to stay inside and stay warm!
I took this pic to try and capture my snowflake lights, but it also captured my fave Meteorologist, Anne Brown, who is leaving our station this week. WAHHHHHHH!!! I've barely gotten over Trevor Peters leaving and now Anne is leaving us! Y'all, I know, I'm basically a 98 year old woman. but I get attached to my newspeople. And yes, I watch the news twice a day. (sometimes more)
On New Years Day I celebrated with a homemade Frauppucino and celebrated getting a good nights sleep for the first time on New Years in YEARS. I don't know if it was because of the cold or the pandemic, but no one shot off fireworks in my neighborhood. It was GREAT! I was asleep way before midnight and wasn't woke up by bombs going off!
Even more decorating. Funny thing is, I have changed these box shelves about 6 times since I took this pic. The only thing still the same is Bekah's pic and Lucy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea