Skip to main content

January Recap

 

Tap, Tap, Tap.

Is this thing on?

No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am!

Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start!

Let's go!


The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop.

Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a year, thanks to the dumpster fire that was 2022, so my brows were ready for some help! Here's my before touch up pic. You're welcome for the no foundation.

And after! Subpar lighting but whatever.

So good. So, so good.

If you were a teenager in the late 90's and early 2000's you most likely need your brows done as well.  I have oily skin so I get the powder brows and I LOVE them.



I was looking for something over the weekend and found some fun older pictures. This is my beloved Grandpa holding eggs from his beloved chickens. :) My oldest nephew has (a ton of) chickens and calls them his Chicksies. We always joke that he's just like my Grandpa despite my Grandpa being in Heaven long before my Brother and SIL got married. Finding this picture just made my heart smile. 


I also found this picture of this ADORABLE little girl with banana curls.  Talk about cute!!!!
Unfortunately about 10 years later I had morphed into this. Yes, thats a Lion King poster on my wall. (It got replaced with a Titanic poster a few years later) and Yes, My hair is done to my tush. It was a look.  Not a great look. But it was a look. The frizz, oh the frizz on that naturally curly hair that was so thick and heavy it was just a wavy frizzy mess.

That bookshelf above my bed is now above my couch!
#BuiltToLast

Sunday I had hoped to be back at church in person, but alas, no. My allergies have been really bad for the past two weeks and idiot that I am, I put some bleach in my humidifier. Yeah that just made it worse. When I woke up Sunday morning my room had a haze to it and it smelled like I was trying to cover up a murder. I had to open my bedroom window for awhile to get the stench out.
Birthday countdown is officially on!! And yes, I'm turning 41 this year and still counting down my birthday. Mind ya business, it brings me joy!
I stumbled across Nerf guns on clearance at Walmart so you'd better believe I grabbed some of them and have them already wrapped and ready for my nephews for Christmas 2023.  Yes, I said Christmas 2023, and yes I said they are already wrapped. If I wasn't a buy ahead shopper, NO ONE would have gotten presents this past Christmas.

Getting back into working out has been AWESOME. I missed my glider and I like to think that she missed me and my concerts I perform while I work out
I think the Theme of January was doing all the things that I haven't been able to do for months, or really the majority of 2022. I finally got a much needed hair cut and got my hair thinned out. Ashley usually straightens it for me since I'm too lazy to do that myself. HA. So it always calls for a photo shoot. She did an extra good job this time so I was really feelin myself. I snapped this pic right as the mail lady was outside my window and caught me taking my picture. Awkward.

Someone come take my phone and save me from myself.


But COME ON!! How GOOD does that hair look????!!!!!
We had a snow day, which prior to 2020 would have been a day off, Alas, thanks to my online teaching life it wasn't. But it was a light day, which was good as that was when my allergies really had started to bother me and I was feeling blech.  I taught from the couch and actually taught everyone but my out of state students early in the morning. So I had a nice long afternoon break!
Earliest I've taught in YEARS.
My allergies were so bad and I felt so blech that I ended up taking two Covid tests at different points during my three weeks of sneezing. Just to make sure I wasn't going to spread it to anyone.

If my pics were in order this was actually taken the day of my haircut. I really can't not smile in a pic to save my life. I feel like I'm smirking here and not in a good way, but lets just focus on the amazing hair ok?!

I mean, she's a thing of beauty.

The mirror, not so much. The Mirror needs cleaned.


Ok, Ok, last straight hair pic, I promise.


Behold the great snow event that closed schools for the day. HA!
I finally ran the sweeper for the first time since September. I had been using my Mom's robot vac, whom I named Veronica, while I was on restrictions. It felt great to be able to vacuum again!
I'm almost 41 years old and I still haven't learned how to properly wrap a present. At this point I'm just accepting that it's not a skill the good Lord gave me.
I took myself out on a few dates this month and two of them were to Goodwill. I really wanted someone I knew to buy this amazing giraffe rocking thing, but for some reason I couldn't talk anyone in to it. For 9.99 if I thought I could have gotten it in my SUV myself, I would have bought it and given it to someone. 
I did however buy myself a brand new pair of slippers at Goodwill. One can never have too many slippers!


Selfie with my girl on a teaching day.


My favorite view.
Y'all. Right before Christmas when I was still recovering from surgery, I chipped one of my teeth, and another tooth started crumbling. The latter tooth was one I was supposed to have a crown on in 2022 but then 2022 happened. I had to wait 6? weeks to get in with the Dentist. And let me tell you, I was not excited to go there. I was really worried about it, not because of the pain, but because the last time I was there I picked up the stomach flu which landed me in the er, and off work for an entire month battling a stomach infection and the joy and delight of an emergency colonoscopy. I really DID NOT want to repeat that. So I was terrified to go, but it had to be done.  Did I look like a weirdo with my mask on at the dentist while my crown was made? Maybe. Did I care. NOPE. Sneezing still hurts, I don't need any germs. Praise the Lord that I escaped germs that day and I'm really praying that when I go back on Feb 13 for my next crown I'll be germ free as well.

We had a LOT of changes at our church campus in 2022. So it's always exciting when I'm watching church online and see one of our GL people on the screen! I waved to Aaron like he could see me. HA!
In a most tragic turn of events, my body is not sure that it likes coffee anymore. I mean I LOVE coffee.  Granted my idea of good coffee is Mocha creamer and a creamer to coffee ratio of like 75% creamer and 25% coffee. But whatever.  This month I've tried to drink tea. 


.......................................


It's not really for me.  I have passion fruit tea and it's ok, but I have to add a teaspoon of sugar and some honey to it, and I'm really not a hot drink person. I'm an iced drink all year long type of girl. So........ meh.  


I'm hoping as my body adjusts to it's new normal that it can get back on the coffee train because I really REALLY miss coffee and my brain kinda needs it to function. 



My house was a DISASTER after moving back in. Yes, I said moving back in. I've been living full time at my parents since September when we realized I was too sick to take care of myself. I moved back into my house the day after Christmas and It was a Christmas present for Me, My Mom and My Dad. HA! I don't know how my house got so messy when I wasn't even there. But it was awful. It took me awhile to get it back to normal and I'm still working on some parts but the kitchen was the first step and it felt soooo good to be able to look in there and see clean counters!
BEAUTIFUL!


One day  I ran over to church to pick up some stuff and drop off some other stuff for someone and no one was there. It was creepy and I was not a fan of being alone in church.   Despite the creepiness factor, it was the first time I had been in church in MONTHS, so Obviously a selfie was needed. OBVIOUSLY.
The piano studio was also a disaster so I put it back together, hung up this wall thing I got for Christmas and printed off some pics of a few of my favorite people!
First day back to teaching since Nov 3!! Sporting my new Charlie Brown and Snoopy socks!
This recap is never ending and I'm getting tired. Thank goodness we are almost to Jan 1st.


I ordered a new Bible and it not only has all the bells and whistles but it's so heavy that it partially counts as an arm workout.
Painted my fingernails for the first time since ... August?? July??? It felt good to be getting back to more of ME.
And it wouldn't be me without some sort of a mishap happen. My brakes went out when I was driving home from the Chiropractor. Super thankful for God's protection and that I wasn't in an accident on that harrowing drive home. I needed another adjustment by the time I got home!

It should be noted that my brakes went out on the way to the chiro back in later 2021. That time it was the brake pads (I think) this time it was both break lines. 

And we wrap up this recap with New Years Day, which I started off right with Church and Pastor CJ's message about the lead up to our 21 days of prayer and fasting made me decide right then and there that I would start that day and fast social media for an entire month.  (Yes, that's coffee in the cup. I didn't feel too great after drinking it. :( )


Whew, if you've made it this far. Bless you. I'll try not to include so many pictures of my hair next month but no promises. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea