Skip to main content

The Bible Recap Day 43- Exodus 39-40 (Year Three Podcast)

 



Well Hello there Friends!

This past week I started posting a picture of my Bible reading for the day along with my Birthday countdown, to FB and IG. 

And very surprisingly to me people seemed to like the pics and my thoughts on what I was reading for the day. So I decided instead of copying and pasting from FB to IG, that we would dust off the ol' Blog so I can get REALLY wordy. 

This is my second read thru of the Bible via The Bible Recap, I highly recommend it, you can google them and find all the info and free reading plans. Their podcast is all on major platforms. I currently listen to it on Podbean because I'm doing Year Three of the Podcast, and was having issues finding the day on Spotify.

I can't guarantee I'll always find something super spiritual, some days it's just more about showing up and spending time with God, But I hope it encourages you to do the same and if nothing else this is going to keep me REAL ACCOUNTABLE.

Let's hop into our reading for today!

Today we end Exodus! That's Three books of the Bible down and we are all ignoring that I just finished my third book of the bible after starting reading it again last year. We are celebrating instead! 


And Celebrating is what I bet Bezalel was doing after he finally finishing building and making everything God had commanded him to do. The Hardest working Man in Exodus was probably tired but very proud of the work he had done. I also would have sighed in relief after Moses inspected everything and saw that they had made it exactly how God said to, and then blessed them. 

I tend to have a lot of questions this time around and one of the was what a Lapis Lazuli looked like! Google to the rescue! Here's the Wiki page of what it looks like and it's history. That is GORGEOUS!! I'm in love with that deep blue color and the threading of gold throughout it!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lapis_lazuli

Another question I had was about the building. We saw back in Chapter 32:15 that The Lord was the one who wrote on the tablets all the details and dimensions etc of how to build everything. (and then rewrote it after Moses got mad and broke them) I wonder if they had the tablets nearby essentially using them as notes? Did Moses read them to them and then they copied them down on something not as precious as tablets with the Lords handwriting? Did they remember all of this stuff?  I am super curious about that. However they did it, they did it exactly as God had commanded it, and put their whole hearts and submission into it. Go Israelites!!

Another question I had was how long did this building and creating take? Well, it doesn't say exactly but in the podcast TL says that all this happened in their first year after leaving Egypt. I found that SUPER interesting. That Bezalel really was the hardest working man in Exodus. I'm glad for his sake it didn't take the majority of the 40 years they were in the wilderness.

This is also exactly 2700 years after Adam and Eve were created and in the garden of Eden. I love little history facts like that. Three books of the Bible in and we have already jumped ahead 2700 years. Sometimes I wish we had more books of the bible so my nosy self could learn more about Adam and Eve and you know whatever else happened in the past 2700 years. 39:43 Says that "Then Moses blessed them" which is a parallel to creation. 

40:16 I thought it was interesting that Bez made all of the stuff but Moses was the one that God entrusted to put everything together and anoint it. To me it speaks of the close, close relationship that The Lord had with Moses. (Which we learned about earlier in Exodus) 

For me the best part of today's reading, or my God Shot as TL would call it, came in 40:38. After all of their doubting, after all of their sin, after the golden calf and thinking Moses 1. Led them into the wilderness to die and then 2. Thought he died up on the mountain with God and left them alone to perish. The Lord was still with them. So much that he was a VISIBLE sign to them. To me it just speaks of his glorious love for each one of us. Even when we doubt him. Even when we try to do it on our own, even when we sin and hurt him EVEN WHEN. He loves us. He Loves us with a never changing, never ending, love that you can't even comprehend. 

Earlier this week was Valentines Day and as this Single Pringle was wishing her friends a Happy Valentines Day, I told many of them thank you for knowing the good and the bad about me and loving me anyways. Jesus is that times Infinity. He knew every sin, every single thing we would ever do, every thought we would have in our heads but he still chose us. He chose to die for us. He chose to live for us and give us Eternity with him if we believe. He chose us, and that's set in stone. That's never going to end. 

Are we choosing him today?


See you tomorrow for Leviticus! 

(What have I gotten myself into? :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea