Skip to main content

Happy Birthday Dad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm writing this the night before so I can post it in the morning.

Today Is a VERY VERY Special Day! Its my Dad's BIRTHDAY!!!

I want to take this moment to say how much I love and appreciate my Dad.

I think I lucked out when it came to parents, I genuinely think my parents are the best ever and I would not trade them for anyone else, no Mom, not even Bill Gates!! ;)

My Dad has been a shining example of what a real man should be like and what a Godly Man/Father/Husband should be like.

Alot of my memories of my childhood have him sitting in his chair reading his Bible. Studying, and learning what God was trying to teach him.

I also remember how he helped lead a bible study at a prison through our old church. He was so faithful in going to minister to these men, every single week. I didn't think much of it at the time, but now looking back it says so much about the man that he is.

Another thing that sets him out from most is how he has always worked to provide for his family. He hasn't always had the greatest job or loved it, but he has went to work every single day to take care of us. I didn't really get how huge this was, untill last year when I found myself hating and dreading going to work each day. It finally hit me that my Dad had been through that and WAY WORSE and yet he did it. And he did it without complaining! (obviously I missed out on the non complaining gene from him.. stink!!) HE did it for us because he loved us. If that doesn't make you stop in your tracks I don't know what will..

One of the memories that makes me feel warm and gushy and ok a little teary eyed, is all of my Teens Involved Competitions. I would go and sing and play piano and my Dad was ALWAYS there. Not only would he get up early on his day off, or in alot of cases take that Saturday off to go with me, but he cheered me on like no other. When I won he would yell and get all excited and pump his fist in the air just like he did when we used to watch the Bulls games together. That always made me feel SO special. Knowing that he was so happy and excited and proud of me. And let's face it, piano and music competitions, ALL DAY LONG, not really the most exciting thing to do. But he did it, and he loved it.

And the best part about those competitions? On the way home we would get victory ice cream. Ok so I made the victory part up but we always got ice cream, from Dairy Queen OF COURSE. My Dad LOVES ice cream and sadly for me I have inherited that from him. That and my affection for mt dew. Thanks Dad.

And talking about my Dad wouldn't be complete without saying how he is my knight in shining armour. aka my mechanic and my taxi, ect. Whenever anything goes wrong with my truck my Dad is always there to fix it. And when I get stranded somewhere and need help, he's always there. When I drive home in the winter in a snowstorm like I did for Thanksgiving a few years ago, he meets me and follows me so that he cane make sure I get home safely.

My Dad is pretty much awesome. I know I don't tell him that alot, but he is. He is the Godliest, Most Giving Man that I know. I am proud to be called his daughter and I just pray that someday I can find a husband who is half the man he is.

I love you Dad!! and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Comments

Maryone said…
I know this guy! Couldn't have picked a better son-in-law if I had tried! Happy Birthday!

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea