Skip to main content

Life is precious, life is sweet

I have been informed that I need to blog, so in order to appease SKippy and not have her give me the scary eyebrow of death (which btw i totally tried to make my eyebrow move like yours yesterday. totally didn't work.)

I don't really have a set topic today, I guess I will just give y'all an update of whats happening in Cherryland!

Well Friday I was home with a Monster Migraine, which effectively killed any and all plans I had for that night:(

Saturday I still had a leftover headache but was feeling better, and that was really good because I had to babysit the bubbies that afternoon! Joe didn't take a nap, but was surprisingly calm and low key. Usually he is bouncing off the walls! Sam Sam took a LONG nap and was none too happy when he woke up. Especially when he found out Dada was leaving. oops.. Thankfully george (stuffed monkey) and blankie helped and he quit crying. I felt horrible, he has never cried when I have watched them! Poor thing was having a rough day.

So the boys both watched Thomas the Train, which is quite possibly the worst movie ever made. Seriously, I thought From Justin to Kelly was bad. They have NOTHING on Thomas the train! NOTHING!! And to make it weirder, Alec Baldwin was in it?! I was like what the mess?!?! Thankfully I had a magazine with me to read while they napped, so i popped that out and glanced through it while they watched the movie. Boy do I hope they have better children's movies by the time I have kids..

Sunday I was FINALLY able to go to church!! YEAH!! And it was a really awesome Worship service. We sang a new song which I about went charasmatic on, and sang another song that is one of my faves that of course I can't remember the name of! Someone even SAT by me in church!! That was exciting enough! No one ever sits by me, especially willingly! HA!! SO that was cool. I really am finally getting involved and plugged into my church and I'm beginning to feel like I am part of the church family. I didn't realize how much I had missed that. MY old church we went to from when i was 13-21 and everyone knew me (ha they couldn't get away from me if they tried! seeing as I was on stage doing offertory, choir, leading choir, special music, and the pianist for the youth choir) I was almost the churches mascot! So its been different not having that at this church, but I finally really feel like I'm home. and I have to say that is all because of getting involved with the Weds night Women's Bible Study last semester. I was terrified to go alone and not know anyone but I went and now I have friends and its great!

Not only do I have friends:) but for the first time in the 5 years i've been going to my new church, I got invited to go to someone's house for lunch! I had an awesome time with Kristy and her hubby and twin girls. They are so much fun, and Kristy is as crazy as I am... hmmm... maybe more? (HE ASKED ABOUT ME!! bwhaahahha)

To top all of that fun off next Friday night I start my new role as a small group babysitter! I'll be watching the kids in Kristy's small group, and I"m really looking forward to it! A bit apprehensive because it is three girls and one boy, and I am used to joe and sam, no girls! So this will take some getting used to! Especially if there are tears! ohhh boy howdy. I just don't do well with anyone crying at all. If one of them cries i may be sitting with them crying! HA!!

OK well this has turned into less of a what i've been up to post and more of a GET INVOLVED WITH SOMETHING AT YOUR CHURCH!!!! :):):) That means you Skip!!!

JESUS IS COOL!!


Comments

~~~Alana~~~ said…
Yeah! I guess its true about getting involved in church. We lead a small group... which is really cool. Our church is huge though, so sometimes we still go to church and dont know anyone!
Lucky in Love said…
Ha! Please...come do a presentation! That would be priceless.

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea