Skip to main content

Too much friendliness

I have two stories I have been holding out on you. Truthfully when I go to bed at night and my mind wakes up and starts working I think, I should blog about these, they are funny. And of course I always wake up and have totally forgotten.

Let me premise this with the fact that I am way too friendly to store workers. Anyone behind a cash register I will chat with. Whether I know you or have seen you before in my lifetime, odds are I will probably talk with you. I can't help it. I just live to talk:)

Awhile back I was doing a coke run at McDonalds, 1.00 large fountain coke oh how I love thee! And at the first little window where you pay I gave the girl my debt card and then noticed her name on her hat. Her name was Charity! MY Name is Charity!! This is craziness!! I NEVER run into anyone with the same name. Its only happened once before at Walmart several years back. So she opens the window to give me my card back and I, ok, I might have screamed a tax exuberantly, YOUR NAME IS CHARITY???!! She's like uh yeah? (who is this crazy chick) MY NAME IS CHARITY!! OH MY GOSH I NEVER RUN INTO SOMEONE WITH THE SAME NAME!! HOW COOL!! I think I might have scared her a little bit but I was excited!

The next story takes the cake though..

Several weeks ago I was in a store checking out and the owner/boss/whatever was leaving and talking to my check out guy. I had been making small talk with the check out guy and then the boss went by and told him that he was leaving, gave a few instructions and then passed us saying "I am leaving now with my man bag. My manly MANLY MAN BAG!!" The clekf kind of chuckled and said ok whatever, so I turned to look at the bag in question, and lo and behold it looked exactly like my laptop bag! So I said, hey that looks like my laptop bag!!

Clerk starts to giggle now, and tells the boss, see I told you it was girly looking!!

I cocked my head and said, hey, is the inside hot pink?

not expecting the outcome

the boss got a look on his face, stepped closer, and unzipped the bag and sure enough, HOT PINK!!!

I gasped and pointed and said YOU HAVE A GIRLY BAG! YOU"RE CARRYING A GIRLS BAG!!

By this time the clerk is literally doubled over laughing, laying on the counter along with my purchases..

The boss tried to explain, but not very well, he said well it is I borrowed it from my daughter!!

I said that DOESN"T MAKE IT BETTER!!

He's like me and my manly bag are leaving.

I was laughing so hard.

The clerk picked himself up off the counter and HIGH FIVED ME!! And told me I was officially his favorite customer ever.

I feel so special.

Comments

Mrs. C said…
charity you are a riot. The things that bring job to us!
I agree...$1 large drink are the bomb-diddly!
Kimberly said…
I seriously can't stop laughing! Thank you! I so needed to laugh!

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea