Skip to main content

I had the best day :)

Well as you might know my sweet nephew arrived EARLY this morning! So I pretty much had the best day ever and I want to blog about it so I don't forget everything!

I woke up on not alot of sleep today. I was still awake at 1 am and woke up around 6 am and drifted in and out of sleep. Needless to say when my alarm went off I was less than thrilled. Nonetheless I got up and started my morning routine.

I sat down at my computer at 8:20 and was shocked to see I had 26 emails! Sadly none of them were important or from actual people, so I cleared them out and hopped over to FB to check what was going on.

While I was scrolling down the feed reading what happened overnight I just happened to glance over at my email tab and I noticed it said I had 2 new emails. I thought that was pretty weird since less than 5 mins before I had cleared them out. So I decided to see what I had. Probably more junk mail I thought.

I clicked over to my mail tab and saw I had an email from my bro and sil with the subject line Arrived. I was very confused because thats what they say when they are travelling, so I started to think Arrived, where they heck are they going she's about to give birth! And then I opened the email and immediately saw that my NEPHEW had arrived!

At this point I should probably apologize to everyone in my apt complex because I think my screaming might have possibly woken them up!

I screamed and said oh my goodness oh my goodness several times as I read the email! I was beyond excited! And then when I realized they had given him our beloved Grandpa's name as his middle name. oh man. I about lost it.

I read the email probably 5 or 6 times and then for some unknown reason i jumped off the couch and started pacing in circles waving my hands in the air! Those of you who have seen me really excited know the hand waving I am speaking of :)

I paced for a few minutes about to have a spastic attack and then I realized I had to call people! I had just talked to Katie before bed about him coming soon so I called her first.

Well, I tried to call her first.

I was so excited that my hands were shaking and instead of hitting the dial button on my cell i kept hitting the red X that hangs up. Yes I did that 5 times getting more and more frustrated with each time untill I finally figured out what my problem was!

So I FINALLY get Katie on the phone, she answers and says Whats Wrong??!! And I couldn't speak! I couldn't get anything out! SO I started LAUGHING!! to which she replies, Charity? ARE YOU OK??????!!! I finally managed to get out he's here or something of that sort i don't remember it was all a blur, and then she realized what I was talking about and we squealed together!!

Next was Kim which thankfully I had better luck dialing this time, I think I woke her up she sounded SLIGHTLY asleep !:)

As I was talking to Kim I suddenly realized um I need to go to work! SO I throw boots on with my outfit, which totally didn't match. Oh well.

And I try to leave but my hands are still shaking and I'm all aflutter, In A State as my Mom would say, anyways I couldn't get my door unlocked!!!!!! I know, sad.... I finally did get it unlocked and made it to work calling Caca along the way.

I get to work and I am just so excited to tell someone IN PERSON that he's here!!

SO I walk into the building and first thing I see is my Boss at the Reception desk, so I run over and am struck dumb speechless again. So I just stand beside her grinning like a fool. A fool on crack or something. The look she gave me, hahahah bless her heart, she finally said, Um, Charity? Are you ok? And I managed to get out that I was an Aunt! That was pretty cool she was the first I told after Apes when we found out he was coming, so she was pretty excited!

I hustled up to the second floor and practically ran down the hallway to my office, I BUST into my office, and I mean BUST into, run into the middle area and wave my arms around like a mad fool!! I don't remember what I said, I have news or guess what or something like that. I just remember Apes, Sheryl, a faculty member, and a student that thankfully knows me, all sitting there looking at me like I was crazy! Thankfully I wasn't struck dumb this time but I was struck with the extremely high pitched voice that happens when I'm excited, accompanied again by the arm waving. Which also came back when I finally got pictures this afternoon!

It was an exciting morning to say the least. I said it on FB but its true. The day Kev and Liz got married was probably the happiest day in my life seeing my big brother, my best friend who I had grown up with and still am super close getting married was amazing, but the joy I feel today with Benjamin's birth is even way beyond that. Words cant even express how happy I am for them and that he's here!

I can't wait to be an Auntie! I didn't have a good example growing up and really don't have any Aunts that have anything to do with me now, so I am praying that I can be the great, Godly Auntie for my little snugglemuffin that I have always wanted.

Best. Day. Ever.

Thank you Jesus!

For this child I prayed, and the LORD has granted me my petition that I made to him.
1 Samuel 1:27

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea