Skip to main content

#Thanksgiving2013

 So I realized I should do my Thanksgiving post before it became Christmas.  I had a wonderful Thanksgiving spent with my entire family at my parents farm. This little boy showed up, and wait.. WHEN DID HE BECOME A LITTLE BOY???!! Look how long he is! I mean, I know we're tall people, but good grief! (Sidenote: He thinks it's hilarious that I say Good Grief and tries to copy me. However he corrects me that it's GrieP not GrieF. We go back and forth on this, it's a treat to watch/hear let me tell you. After 3 days.. he was still convinced it was Good GrieP) We celebrated his 3'rd birthday while he was in Indiana and I can't believe it's been 3 years.
 I love my table buddy!! The most precious moment happened on Friday. Snugglemuffin prayed for lunch for the two of us, and then for the first time he prayed for our family dinner that evening. I nearly went into the ugly cry. I love seeing him grow up and change and develop, but the most important thing about him is his heart. I pray non stop for the day that I will get the skype call and his excited little face will tell me that he asked Jesus into his heart. Hearing his little voice talk to God and thank him for dinner encourages me so much that that day is coming.
 I may not rank up as high as Grandpa in his eyes, but I do happen to have a computer with Charlie Brown on it. We spent some time cuddling up, with Eeyore of course! Watching Charlie Brown.
 The funniest moment happened right before this picture was taken. As I mentioned, we celebrated his 3'rd birthday while he was here. Nana was letting him open his present with Bob the Builder wrapping paper. Nana was asking B about all the characters on the paper. After identifying 2 characters, she asked about the dog and apparently that was just too much because Snugglemuffin ever so politely said to her "We should stop talking now." We both nearly died laughing! Everyone else couldn't hear what he said so they thought we were nuts! This kid cracks me up!
 Finally Nana stopped talking and he got to open his present, then of course it wouldn't come out of the box. Oh the struggle.
 It came out of the box and he fell down. I seriously need a camera with a faster shutter!!
 My SIL and I accidentally matched. I don't know if you can tell but I have a flower in my hair as well!
 I just like the wreath in the background of this picture!
 A boy and his Mommy!
 Snuggling watching Charlie Brown
 Organizing his truck parts. A little OCD perhaps??
 Sleepy boy, though he would never admit it.
 That face!!! Concentration at it's finest!
 My Dad wrote this note to my Mom and left it on the fridge. So cute.
 I stayed at my Grandma's house to take care of her, and was a little too excited about using this lamp as my night light! Everytime I stayed over night at my Grandparents as a little girl I would sleep in the living room and use this lamp as my night light. So of course I jumped at the chance to use it one last time!
 Friday morning we woke up and I looked outside Grandma's window to see the boys. Ahh home!
 #lotsofhairproblems when a sample only lasts you for one washing.
 Nana, Snugglemuffin and his Mommy stopped by on their way back from Black Friday shopping.
 Snapped this as I was outside. I love where I grew up!
 Had to go in the barn and check out the tractors and talk to Grandpa and his Daddy.
 Lusting over Grandpa's Tractors. When they first arrived at the house, the first thing B did when he walked in was go to one of Grandpa's cabinets of tractors. I stood back and watched him as he took it all in and went "Hmm... " moves head to look at another shelf "Hmmmm" and repeat X3. It was hilarious! He was definitely picking out which he wanted to play with!
 This is where my Dad was being strong not crying after a small part on his piece broke off. Bless his heart.
 Watching Charlie Brown X2. He kept randomly laughing, at parts that weren't funny. ha! So I tried taking a picture of him without him realizing it, and snapped this on him giggling at me. I love that little boy!
This just makes me laugh. My cow Precious is a dwarf cow, what she lacks in height she makes up for in girth. She's standing next to Little Bull (cue the irony on his name) and if she wasn't so wide, she is short enough to fit underneath him! Bless her heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t