Skip to main content

Auntie & Snugglemuffin's Day of Fun!

Subtitle- "That happened 2 months ago"

Snugglemuffin Came to Indiana (back in Sept.. whoops) and I was lucky enough to have an entire afternoon to spend with him! It was WONDERFUL!! we started off with lunch at Auntie's new house, along with a tour, and lots of playing in Auntie's toy box.  He enjoyed my cooking and was very happy that I (unknowingly) made his favorites! Hamburgers, Baked Mac and Cheese, and Chips of course :)

 B is a BIG HELPER so after lunch I put him to work helping me wash my dishes.
 He needed a little stool to be the proper height, but it won't be long until he will be tall enough to stand there on his own! He is growing like a weed. A very TALL weed.

 After lunch and cleaning up, we played some more, and chatted with Nana who had stopped by.
 Then we headed out to his big surprise. Snugglmuffin loves, loves, LOVES trains. (He is still in awe that Auntie has train tracks behind her house) so we took him to a little train museum in a nearby town. They are putting together a big train track and decorating it, as you can see above. It's not finished but all the trains worked so we got to watch 3, i think, different trains and it was really cool!
 He was in awe. Until another guy that worked there came into the room and kept getting up in B's face to ask him questions. Then he was over it. So was Auntie. so we made our way to their second building that housed what was SUPPOSED to be a super cool ride and their train museum stuff.
 And then we found out that this was the "ride" The look on his poor little face says it all. bwhaahahah 
 We looked at some more trains and were followed everywhere by an overzealous employee who kept trying to sell us things, over and over. no sir, we do NOT want an annual pass. no sir we do not want a COMMEMORATIVE BRICK.
 And then we come to this. This was his favorite part of the museum building. I am not even kidding. It's a picture of a shark painted onto the snow plow of a train. Snugglemuffin was fascinated by it and kept asking me WHY they would paint that on there, and why a shark? I had no answers but i did my best to come up with some :)
 We came back to the area with the shark snow plow picture no less than 4 times. He. Loved.it.

I thought it was pretty hilarious.
 I would just like to say that I went ALMOST 4 years without buying my nephew a loud toy that makes obnoxious noise. (The same cannot be said for Nana and Grandpa) HOWEVER, the streak ended at the train place when I saw that they had wooden train whistles! I mean, how could I pass that up? So i bought it for him, and because my Mother raised no fools, I gave it to him once the car ride was over and we were in my driveway. #smartauntie  Bless his heart, he did not quite get the concept of blowing air into the whistle, so he would put it up to his mouth, and then make one of his shrieking noises. #thestruggleisreal
 And just in case you thought my SIL was invisible, here she is!! we forgot to get a picture until the very last moment, but we got one!


And for my very favorite pictures from the day. This just melts my heart. B is going to be a Big Brother and he was getting some practice in with a baby doll he found in my toy box. All on his own, he found her, and took care of her for the rest of the afternoon. He would wrap her in a blanket and sat her on the couch to "sleep". It was so precious seeing him go over to check on her, and then pick her up and rock her so gently! He is all boy, that is for sure, but he has such a tender, loving little heart! I love my Snugglemuffin!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea