Skip to main content

33.52

This past week can be described as I started off the week exhausted and ended it the same way! The first week of school is rough!!

Monday was the first day of fall schedule, but only two students came at their new times, thanks to meet the teacher night, so it was a bit kabobbled.  During one of my lessons my student looks at me and says... "Miss Charity? Can I just say, your eyebrows are ON FLEEK today!!" I was just glad a different student had explained to me what On Fleek meant, not that long ago. HA!
 In accordance of the Summer of Trying New Things, Ema and I decided to try a new to us Restaurant that we had never been to. Triple XXX Family Restaurant. That's right. We've both lived here for YEARS and have never been to Triple XXX! And being the smart people we are, we went the week before Purdue started. I have to say though, the Bert Burger was mighty tasty!!
Pretty sure the 18 yr old on the other side of me thought we were crazy old ladies. It's true. We are.

Since Wednesday was really the first day of fall semester I had to take pictures to document!
After our lunch in the non air conditioning at Triple XXX, I had to come home and put a fresh shirt on. So hot. So sweaty.
 Thursday I was in the tired of my summer clothes phase and felt like wearing something different. So I put on my favorite cardigan and a long comfy skirt. And pretty much sweated to death. but at least I looked good doing it?!
 Living life on the wild side wearing blue with black. 

In the summer I was done with lessons at 3:30 on Thursdays. Now in the fall I am done at 8:30 pm. Whimper. By 4 pm when I still had 6 students to go, I had to have a cup of caffeine. It wasn't quite enough, this week I will have coffee instead!

 Remember the lamp I scored at a garage sale last week? I painted the hideous mauve lampshade into something that was a little easier on the eyes. Ignore all my cords on the floor. Struggling.
 I have used this lamp almost everyday teaching! It's perfect to have a light right where my chair is and shine down on my teaching clipboard.

This is out of order but Wednesday night after I was done teaching I ran to the library to pick up two books on hold. And came home with 20 books. I love the library!! I only made it thru two aisles and filled my bag up to the point my arm hurt holding it. HA!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea