Skip to main content

35/52- Labor Day Weekend and a Trip Home to the Farm!

 When I left off with my last blog post, I was discussing the lack of hot water. Long story short, Monday my water heater was somewhat mysteriously lit up, and I was back to hot water later that evening! GLORY!! Still don't know what is broken, but I am not turning it off anytime soon!!!
 Wednesday after a gloriously long HOT shower, I had several errands to do before teaching, like go get my allergy shot. A friend was going to my Dr later that afternoon for allergy testing so I took a picture of the door in the back of the building so she would know which one to go in. 
 It's hard to take a selfie of yourself and a lamp. BUT! this is the 1.00 lamp I got at a yard sale earlier this year, and after painting my hideously mauve lampshade it is much better looking! It's not full on fall and dark evenings yet but I have been surprised at how much I have used this lamp so far. It's the perfect height for giving me light on my teaching clipboard. 1.00 well spent!!
 Thursday I was super high tech and high class for Skype lessons.  Ya do what you have to do when you don't want a crick in your neck.
  I also had a small photo shoot with my open window. I know I say it a lot but it is SO NICE to teach sitting right by an open window! The fresh air AHHHHHHHH..It's the small things in life.
 I have no clue why I took this picture. I guess to show the new
 Friday night I had a beautiful drive home to the farm. The Sun set was stunning!!!
 Right before I got to Wolcott I saw that Jboz had texted me, so I swung into Farneys to respond to her text before I lost cell signal.
 You're a native if you know the correct way to drive at this "intersection"
 I spy the Farm!!!!!
 While I was hungry and ready to be home, I just HAD to stop and see the babies!!!!
 This picture is way blurry but all four of the babies out on their own (Midnight is still in with her Mama) were out by the gate and checking me out!
 Hershey kept giving me these looks.... HAHAHAHAH He is such a stinker! I think he was confused as I looked like his Mommy, and drove a vehicle like her, but my voice was different and I had no Apple Peels so clearly, not his mommy. (aka My Mom. He is her baby!)
 The Two Mama's and Midnight were way on the other end of the barn and mooing at me. I turned around to look at them and saw this beautiful sunset! Everything is prettier in the country.
 Hershey wanted nothing to do with me, But Peppermint Patty was really curious! She would get a foot or two away from me and then think about if she wanted to get closer.
 Cow Selfies are a struggle
 But Patty somewhat obliged. Somewhat.
 After talking to the babies and getting cold, I hopped back in the truck and in approx 1.5 minutes later was HOME!!!
 It was COLD on Saturday and Mom made Peach Cobbler. I found out I'm not a fan of Cobbler. I am more of a crisp girl.
 I was freezing in my jeans, socks and long sleeved shirt and looked at the temp to see what it was. Y'all. My Florida blood comes thru when it goes from warm to cold here. 
 Mom had to mow at the farm, so I went with her to see the babies before she mowed. The Big cows kept bellowing at us, but wouldn't come closer. Midnight flat out laid down and refused to talk to any of the other babies. Poor Hershey went right up to her by the fence and kept mooing at her and she never turned around! RUDE!! 
 Notice Hershey eyeballing someone?
 Someone is watttcchhhiiiingggg youuuuuu..... Mom picked up the bucket that had held the apple peels and he stalked her to make sure there hadn't been any more apple peels left behind! He always thinks he is starving despite his round belly!!
 Again with the looks!!!

 Sunday my Dad had to work so it was just my Mom and I for church. We sat in a different section near the back and it was glorious :) HA!
 After church we ran into town and ran some errands. Mom went into Walgreens to pick up the paper for Dad while I waited and entertained myself.
 We went back home, had lunch, and then I packed up and headed back to town. I stopped at Aldi's on the way to my house to get some groceries and was in the longest line I've ever been in at an Aldis! Thankfully it moved quickly.
 After I got home and unloaded I couldn't help myself and put out a few new fall decorations. I scored some things at a DG clearance last year and some other things at yard sales this summer
 Like this super cute fall Welcome sign for my front door!
I haven't fully decorated for fall but pumpkins and leaves are slowly making their way into my home!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea