Skip to main content

47/52


 Last Monday dawned with Terror in my heart. We were ONE DAY AWAY from the Christmas Recital!! ACK!!!! I went out and got Shot #1 of my new batch of Allergy shots. When your vials run out they mix up a new batch and apparently since it is fresher it is stronger. So they bump you down a bit on the dosage so as to not send you into anaphylactic shock, so you have three shots in about a week's time frame to get back up to your normal dosage.
 Tuesday they day was finally FINALLY here!!!!! I put on my new dress and new vest and wished to high heavens that it wasn't so warm outside. Nursing Homes are toasty y'all. even more so when it's warm outside.
 I'm happy to say we all survived the Christmas recital. hahahah although nervous Miss Charity did almost fall of her chair a few times. I was sitting on the edge of my seat and "playing" the song right along with my students, (in my head of course, i'm not that crazy) but they all did great and recovered from any mistakes they made. And most importantly the residents LOVED it. I think we brought a large dose of Christmas cheer to them! Jboz was my assistant for the 2'nd year in a row. I don't know how I did it before her! She is such a help, and really makes it run smoother,and takes the stress off from me.
 Can't forget this year. The one and only great Bethanne at Bethanne Lawson Photography was our Photographer again this year. I have lost count of how many years she has been doing our recital but it's been several, and her pictures only get better and better each year. Even when I think there is no way she can top the previous year she always blows 
 And my personal favorite. Our Pizza party on the way home! We always eat in the vehicle while I drive home, and this year Jboz and I both brought paper plates, and she brought napkins that I forgot. I told her this is why we are friends. hahahahah My poor tummy is too nervous to eat beforehands so by the end of it I am STARVING.

 The day after the recital I slept in two hours instead of going to bible study, and dressed in comfy clothes because this teacher was TIRED.
 My view from my teaching chair.
 Thursday night after students were gone, I turned on Charlie Brown's Christmas and sat in the beauty of the lights. Ever since the day after Thanksgiving I had been fighting a migraine every single day. That Thursday, over a week later it was really bad. Thankfully I got an apt at my chiro for Friday morning and I was never so happy to get up early on my day off. It helped, but Saturday my migraine was returning. ugh.
 Mom came to town Saturday so we could go to two Craft Shows. And she brought me some more of my Grams christmas decorations. I decided my mailbox needed some festivity.
 As well as my windchime holder. Why not!
So the craft shows were kind of a bust. they were light on crafts, and heavy on lularoe, scentsy, nail wrap people, ect. BUT I managed to get a lot of Audra's Christmas presents, I thanked Mom for going with me to basically buy Audra presents. HA! The one thing I was REALLY excited about was this necklace! Last year for the recital I borrowed a necklace from Emboz that I LOVED, and found it online but never ordered it because of shipping. I hate paying shipping. The people who sell the jewelry were at the first craft fair and they had the EXACT COLOR of necklace that I borrowed and loved! I squealed and grabbed it up! That alone to me was worth going!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea