Skip to main content

14/52

 Well I told you about the 6+ inches of snow we got on Easter Sunday. By Monday afternoon it was melted away. This is me around 2ish I think. And a lot of it was gone, By 5 pm it was completely gone!
 I wouldn't have left my house but I had to go get allergy shot 2 of 3 thanks to the new vials of goodness.

 One of my students Mom's told me about Clove Oil. It's supposed to be really helpful for toothaches and in some cases can help heal them. I figured an Essential oil isn't going to hurt anything so I amazon primed myself a bottle. So apparently when I got it Sunday i didn't put much on as it wasn't bad tasting like my student had warned me. But Monday I got braver and put more on my applicator, and well... this was my face as i was desperately trying to dry it and not swallow the stuff. It tasted like Christmas. Let's just say I would prefer to smell it, vs taste it.
 Tuesday I headed out in a deluge of rainfall to a concert. It had been scheduled for the week before but I was in no shape or form able to do it in my tooth pain, so they graciously let me come the next week. And then no one told the activity director and her assistant so they were a bit surprised when i showed up, but excited to see me! We had such a good time, although I was playing a lot of relaxing songs and relaxing myself a bit too much! I had to liven things up with a very loud version of In Christ alone. they are so sweet, they clapped like crazy after I finished it! And then I had to go back to a soothing song because my hands were tired. HA! I also got my first request from the assistant a song I had played WAY back when she first started! I am going to practice it and play it for her next time. (Didn't have the song with me) it was so sweet though! I always leave there with a full heart. I'm grateful to bring a smile on their faces and that they do the same to me!
 So I'm back home, and yes, that's another DG bag on my arm. how many times can I go there in one week? A lot when i don't make a list. But I digress. See how it's not raining? Looks nice?

 And that there's no snow?

It was so nice, 69!!!  That I went inside and opened my living room window while I sat down with my laptop to catch up on work.

A mere 35ish minutes later....

 I found myself in the laundry room. Because a tornado had been sighted, and the weather man on tv was saying the roads right by my house. I don't always shelter, i know, I know, bad. But when he mentions legit roads right by me. You'd better believe I hustled myself in the laundry room FAST!

Luckily it didn't hit near my house but there was a confirmed tornado not that far from me and some damage in town.
 by Wednesday we were back to winter weather.

Thursday I made some cookies and they were an epic fail. WAY too flat.
 I also went to Sears to get my latest freebie with my points, and although I have not purchased them I found these SPANKIN ADORABLE Baby Purdue Shoes!!!!
 I mean, HOW CUTE ARE THESE????!!!!!

Kohen and Audra's new baby girl are both going to be sporting these.


 By Thursday this was my state. My allergies were going crazy thanks to this weather. I went in for Allergy shot 3 of 3, and they had their allergy forecast listed, and I saw it, and said. Oh Trees. THATS WHY I'M DYING! Yup, trees were high and it was no bueno. I gave up on contacts, and hair, clearly. My messy top knot turned into two of them and looked more like Minnie Mouse than what I was going for. But it was thursday and I was just too tired to care. Anyone else like that at the end of the week?


Sunday, oh Sunday. So it was my week to serve, and I was all ready! Until I woke up numerous times on Saturday night/ Sunday am and just didn't feel well. I was rather nauseated and I thought it was my chronic health issues flaring up but a little bit felt different, and so I was worried to go to church and chance it being something bad. I was a little stressed out as I take my leading seriously and we are low on people, and add to that Jboz and her little family were moving that day. And spending one last night in their house. I was bringing them a homemade dinner that night with everything they would need to eat it with. So I'm trying to figure out how i'm going to do this if i'm actually sick. You can't germinate people, especially with a newborn. I took one thing at a time and thankfully my wonderful co team lead was able to cover for me and did a FABULOUS job, we were at almost max capacity for both services!!!!

I was completely awake as i had got up showered, put makeup on, dressed and everything before I realized i was not in a state to go to church. So i sat on my couch and just rested and read and i think stared off into space. HA! After several hours it was clear I didn't have anything communicable , just my lovely chronic health issues flaring up. Which was a big relief. Meds were kicking in and while i didn't feel great, I was able to get some stuff done in spurts. I got the soup in the crockpot, and waited to hear from Jboz as to when they wanted me to bring over dinner.

She texted me and i popped the cookies in the oven so they would have fresh from the oven cookies, packed everything up and for the last time drove 2 minutes away to her house. I'm a little sad there is going to be a 0 on the back of that 2, but I will live.

I delivered the food and the coolers they needed to borrow and then I got my hands on this handsome guy!

Clearly he was thrilled to see me.


 He slept the entire time. And yes, he's a mouth sleeper. He also twitches. Well, twitches is too small of a work for it, it's more like a jerk that makes you think he's having a mini seizure. Nope, just sleeping.
Out. Like. A. Light.

I stayed there for awhile holding Kohen, and his parents got to eat dinner with both hands, which apparently is rare :) so I was glad to help! And they both liked the food! YAY!!

And now I am FINALLY caught up with my weekly recaps! WHOO HOOO!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea