Skip to main content

21/52

At one of our garage sales Mom found this large C, and scooped it up. She painted it white and I hung it above the very large H she had made me some time ago. Now I just need a tiny B to add to it!
Sporting one of my new to me garage sale shirts!!
View from my desk of my CH
Tuesday was my day to head to the nursing home I frequent. It was such a wonderful time! I made the assistant and a husband of a patient cry with one of my songs, I don't think that has ever happened before!
Tuesday night I went to bed a little later than planned, thanks to a good book. I was laying in bed and about to sleep when I heard a noise. I ignored it, and then I heard two more noises. Sigh. I knew I had to investigate. So I put on my closed toed shoes that were thankfully in my bedroom! Pulled my hair back in a pony tail, and put my glasses on. I creeped into the hallway and stood there for a minute trying to decide where to look first. Something told me to look in my furnace room, so I opened the door and turned on the light, and creamed bloody murder. Yall.. there was a MOUSE in a trap and the trap was upside down. I couldn't tell if it was dead or not, it wasn't moving, so I ran around trying to figure out what to get it with and what i was going to do. i finally found a dustpan in the kitchen and went back to look at it and IT WAS MOVING!! IT WASN"T DEAD!

I screamed again.

And again for good measure.

At that point I realized I needed to kill it, and fast, so it didn't escape and I had a new roommate.

So what did I do?

I grabbed my hammer out of my toolbox, and forced myself to open my eyes while i gingerly smacked the trap. It did the trick. the mouse was dead.

I screamed some more.

And then I scooped it up with my dustpan, and held the dustpan out as far as my arm would allow, ran to the front door, unlocked it, and opened the door enough to fling the trap/mouse situation as far as I could.

Screaming all the way.

It's a miracle no one called the police.

After that I had to put away all my food or anything a mouse could potentially eat/gnaw on, in the kitchen. And then I had to go in my laundry room and get out some tin foil and patch up the place where mice get in behind my washer. I was praying LOUDLY the entire time, and telling myself I was ok, and fine, and I could do this and PLEASE GOD DON'T LET THERE BE ANOTHER MOUSE BACK HERE!

I finally got into bed again sometime after 1:30.

With a cleaned hammer. (Technically it didn't get dirty as I was hitting the mouse trap, but one cannot be too safe)

I hardly got any sleep that night thinking every small sound was a mouse.

And I will admit that I showered with the hammer as well. (it sat on the back of the toilet) You may laugh, but no  one wants to be naked and attacked by a mouse!)

It was a traumatizing time.



I am LOVING my new sandals, that yes, I got at a garage sale. they are so sparkly!!
We went from Winter to Summer here in Indiana. It has been HOT! And I am still pasty white because it's just been too hot to be outside.
My flowers were blooming!!
And so was my peony! I LOVE peonies!!
Brace yourself for baby cuteness. I went and visited Jboz and the boys Thursday morning and got lots of good snuggle time in with Kohen.
Stretching after a short nap in Auntie Cherry's arms.
Still stretching. Also, his onesie!!!!!!!
We went outside and sat on Jboz's shaded front porch swing. It was so relaxing! And quiet!


Thursday evening I didn't have any late students so I had free time! Which never happens during fall schedule. So after I got done teaching I decided to run some errands and go shopping just because I could. I had a lovely time wandering around the garden center at Menards and also got some mouse traps. Sigh....
Friday evening after it cooled down I planted all of my flowers.

I love geraniums. 
And so far, all of my flowers are alive and none have been eaten by the wildlife! HURRAY!!


 Sunday morning I was decked out in my Red, White and Blue for Memorial Day.
I went to church and then ran some errands in my blazingly hot vehicle since my a/c was waiting on freon. I came home and had the most delicious roast i've ever made! Thanks to the Campbell's Sauce mix. It was tavern style pot roast, and it was sooo good!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea