Skip to main content

23/52

 Last week Monday started off with the first day of Summer Schedule!!! I was very excited to start being done teaching at a decent time each day! Monday was a bit crazy because I had 9 students that day, but I lived through it and was done before 8 pm so i call that a win!!
 I never showed pictures of my finished organized little space, so i snapped one on monday. I love how this turned out!
 Wednesday i was feeling good. Loving my schedule and not teaching 5 students back to back at the end of the day. Life was good. Until I got done with my last student and noticed it was warmer than normal in my house. I thought maybe i had bumped the temp up the day before ( it saves it when you change it) my ac was running so i started making dinner and putzing around. until i noticed it was getting really warm inside. check my thermostat, and it's now 77. uh oh. i open my back door, while my heart is sinking into my stomach, and am met with the sound of silence. not. good.  my ac unit was not running and the only thing running was my fan inside. despite it clicking on. ugh. i tried several different fixes, and nothing worked. i finally shut off the ac since it wasn't working and i didn't want to somehow damage it running while not working. this happened about 2 years ago to the day and i thought/hoped/prayed it was the same problem, as the last was very inexpensive and very easy to fix. so we ordered that part and hoped for the best.
 Meanwhile Thursday was spent sweating half of my body weight and feeling miserable while teaching and LIVING.  90's and high humidity outside equals a really hot stifling house with no ac. I would not have made it back in the day. God knew what he was doing when he created me in the 1980's. 
 Let's just say Thursday, thursday night and friday morning were terrible.

I had planned to borrow a wall ac from my mom, but when she pulled it out of storage it wasn't cooling. by that point it was thursday night and storms were rolling in, so I decided to be miserable for a few more hours and then we would pick one up the following am when we met up to go garage saling.

Mom and Sarah met me at my house Friday morning and the three of us installed the ac and let it cool while we went deal hunting!
 Sarah #1 had never been garage saling before so this was a big deal! We hit up a church sale we always go to and it was like a ghost town. And barely anything for sale. It's all on donations so i guess they didn't have much this year? we also hit up a neighborhood wide garage sale, and there were less than 5 homes participating. one of which looked like we would end up on a Dateline Mystery. Needless to say we skipped that house. We went to another one close by and then went across the river to the largest garage sale i have ever been to. i should have taken pictures, I have never seen anything like it. i think they could have had their own store.

 After all of our shopping and sweating, it was back in the 90s again, we came back to my house and i quickly changed and wiped myself down with some wet wipes because i had BIG PLANS. My first massage of the summer!! YAY!!!!! Our local school has a free clinic in the summer and it's my favorite part of summer! the massage was great, the lady two beds down who talked in an OUTSIDE voice THE ENTIRE TIME was not so great. That's all I'll say about that.
 Saturday the part came in for the ac, and Dad came to town to fix it. Sadly it wasn't the problem. But after seeing and hearing it in person he did some research and thinks he has figured it out so part #2 is on the way! I'm still nice and cool inside with my wall unit so all is well in that dept.

Sunday was a super rainy day and my sunday to Serve!
 And while I'm standing at the Info desk who do I see but the Choutka family!! Pastor Dave is our former Pastor and when Dawn walked thru the doors I got REAAALLY excited! It was so fun to see both of them and get to hug on Dawn!
 If Sunday wasn't exciting enough by this point, I went to Aldi after church and who do I see getting a cart but my favorite little tow headed boy and his Momma! He looks thrilled here, don't you think? Jboz and Ro were shopping and Brandon and Kohen were in the van. Well Ko has a deep and abiding hatred for his car seat, and staying stationary is like adding oil to the fire. So they headed on a quick errand. So that left us to grocery shop and then wander the aisles of Aldi and try to prevent Jboz from murdering anyone with the tomato cages that were poking out of her cart.
Roman looks thrilled here, but I promise you he smiled! Only, when Roman takes a picture and says Cheese, it is for aprox. 0.000000000009 seconds. And most photo taking devices do not have a shutter speed that adequately does the job on taking a picture of his blink and you miss it cheese. That kid. He is so funny. Jboz had to go get something on a different aisle and we were like a large train with our carts. so we parked out of the way and I stayed with Roman. He somehow missed her telling him she'd be back and to stay with Auntie Cherry, so I'm standing there with him and he gets all confused and wants to know where Mama went. So I tell him where she went and we count how many aisles away that that item is. She starts to come back and he's asking me again where Mama went. And I say see, here she comes! do you see her? I'm pointing to her, 4 aisles away, but she is clearly the ONLY person walking, he is still confused. I finally move his head to the direction of her and he sees her. Right as she makes it to the cart. HAHAHA. Bless his heart. He cracks me up.

Oh! I should add that even though I have zero pictures of it, this weekend was my Dad's birthday!! Happy Birthday Dad! Even though you don't read my blog :) I still love you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea