Skip to main content

Hey Shawty, It's my Birthday.. Gonna Party like.. it's my birthday!

 Fun Fact, 50 Cent's In da Club came out exactly a month before my 21'st birthday. I was still at PCC at the time and was go around singing it. It wasn't until the summer when we were all back at home that my friends started messaging me in shock saying THAT WAS REALLY A SONG?! We thought you just made that up! Muahaha, oh no my friends, Cherrybear knew her way around a few rules. We'll just leave it at that! (For those of you who don't know what PCC is, it's a super conservative Christian College. Think skirts, panty hose, no tv, and no outside influences)

Anyways, back to my birthday this year! I had very low expectations after the horror that was my birthday last year. Once you've had someone you love dying on your birthday, nothing is worse than that. I was expecting this year to be pretty hard, and honestly the first part of the week was, but things got easier as it got closer to my birthday. I survived the first birthday without my beloved Grams as my bday buddy, and I was ok!

As a present to myself, I bought myself two new pairs of shoes! yay!
 The only sneakers i have are my lawn mowing ones i.e. hideously dirty. So i was desperately in need of some casual sneaks that i could wear around. My students also LOVED these shoes. #coolteacher
 Part of what helped my birthday be wonderful were my sweet students who brought me surprises! Little Miss. A brought me flowers and a balloon! and the next day more students brought me flowers! They are SO PRETTY!!
 Another gift to myself was using my Birchbox Points to buy a Birchbox sweatshirt! It is soooo comfy!
 Two of my students got me giftcards to Igloo. (they know me well) I am obsessed with their Vanilla Marshmallow Cokes (sounds gross, but is oh so good!)  So i treated myself to one on my birthday!
 Taking time to stop and smell the flowers. My face looks funny because i was fighting a loosing battle to not laugh. :)


Such pretty flowers! A week later they are still alive and well! I love having them in my studio!



 The bouquet was so large i was having issues getting a decent picture with them. not a bad problem to have!


I love that stores give you free stuff for your birthday or coupons. I scored this super cute purse at Gordman's on clearance for some reason, and got it for a steal thanks to the Gordman's cash they sent me!

I think the best part of my day was receiving this picture of my new nephew, Alexander! Yes, I have a new NEPHEW!! and he is the cutest little boy since his big brother was born 4 years ago. I am in love with this little guy! And yes, he IS awesome like his Auntie!

 The day after my birthday I got up bright and early and got ready to host my parents for a post birthday lunch! I was excited to see them! I wore my new shoes in honor of the occasion!
 And entertained myself by taking my picture :)
 After our super yummy Olive Garden take out, we opened some presents. My Mom thought my house was cold, so she cuddled up in the blankie she brought me. Considering they have wood heat and their house is always in the mid 70's or higher, my 68 degrees probably did feel chilly!
 I opened some birthday presents...
 And my Daddy took a snooze. If you're reading this Dad, MOM took the picture, NOT ME!!
 My Sweet Momma and I. Love her!!!
She is the best Momma a girl could ever hope for!

(and yes, my birthday was almost a month ago, better late than never to blog!)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea