Skip to main content

32/52

 I don't know what is up with Blogger and my pictures today, but brace yourself for some sideways pictures that I can't fix!

So last week. I have no idea what happened Monday-Wednesday besides teaching because I have ZERO pictures from those days. Thursday when I was looking at my phone I realized I hadn't taken any pictures of my week so I tried to snap some, but of course this was at the end of my day.

So let's just picture me teaching, and working hard Monday thru Early Thursday!!




Thursday I enjoyed my last day of getting done early in the afternoon, and celebrated by running some errands and getting Igloo. I had been craving a frozen hot chocolate and it was yummy! It is very rich and flavorful though, so I need to remember to get the smallest size possible because after drinking maybe half of it, I'm done with the chocolate.

I came back home and settled into my couch with my laptop to get some work done.

 As you can see the contacts were out and the hair was starting to look suspect.

Friday I had been looking forward to for awhile! I found out there was a neighborhood garage sale close to mine, so I invited my Mom to come to town and go garage saleing with me! It was gloomy and kind of rainy that morning and I was praying we didn't have a repeat of the sales in May, but thankfully it cleared up and the sun came out! I decided it's a tradition for us to have Mary Lou's doughnuts on garage sale days. Yes, I have tons of sprinkle ones because I wasn't ready to order and was trying to figure out what I wanted when the lady came at me to take my order and I felt pressured!!


So I have zero pictures of Mom with me, but I did remember to snap one with our loot in the background while we were stopped at Sam's getting gas. We got some great deals!! I am hoping to do a garage sale haul post soon. (If I remember!)

Here's one of my finds, this super cute pearl and gold knot necklace! I wore it with my ugly orange serving shirt to church on Sunday!

After we hit all the sales, we decided to do some more shopping. Mom needed some Calf Pellets for our new calves so she stopped at Rural King and I spotted the DG nearby and remembered I needed to run in there for a few items, so I did! It was funny, I was bent down looking at something on the bottom shelf, when I heard an employee talking to me asking if they could help with anything. I didn't need help so I thanked them, and she walked away without me seeing her face. About 20 seconds after she walked away I said WAIT!! I KNOW that voice!! You're at the WRONG DG!! It was one of the ladies that works the DG by my house that I frequent (way too often). She said, I wondered when it was going to hit you! HA! Is it bad they recognize me too? #DGForLife

Anywho after that hilarity I found some body wash that I haven't found in a DG for awhile. This pink lemonade stuff is SO good! I also found this knock off of a Britney Spears fragrence in body wash form and it smelled doggone good too so I grabbed it. It's funny, Bath and Body Works makes me itch like crazy. Not sure what they use in their products but I am allergic to whatever it is. But I have never had any allergy issues with my DG 1.00 body washes, so I will take it!!

I stumbled upon this soap as well and OH MY GOODNESS IT SMELLS SO DELICIOUS!! Also, only 1.00. AND DID I MENTION HOW GOOD IT SMELLS??!!! You need to get some ASAP.

 Pictures are out of order but I scored this adorable lamp for 1.00!!!! I was so excited!! I hate the lampshade and I've already painted it a bright blue to help with it's ugliness while I search for a better looking shade. I have been looking for a medium tall lamp for the piano room and I was beyond excited to find this!

Ok now our pictures are taking us to Sam's. Where I convinced my Mom to buy me a gallon jar of Kosher Dill Pickles because they were under 5.00 and this summer I cannot get enough of a pickle wrapped in lunch meat. Seriously such a yummy snack inbetween lessons. The only picture I have from Sam's is this bag of Wasabi Doritos that we did not purchase, but I sent a picture of it to my Dad to tease him that we were going to buy it for him. He did not respond. HA!

We also had lunch at Dog N Suds, well we got it to go, and that was yummy although apparently My Mom hates hot dogs, so the coney dog I got for her was not her favorite, but she was too polite not to eat it. I told her she was crazy to eat something she didn't like! Oh my Mom..... Thankfully I had bought the aforementioned Doughnuts and sent her home with a few so I somewhat redeemed myself. 
Sunday. Oh Sunday!! So a little back story. I serve at the Second Service on the second week of the month on our guest services team. And I LOVE it.; It's my favorite Sunday of the month, I love getting to see and talk to a lot of people and meet people I wouldn't normally get to talk to. It's just my favorite! Seeing people that I helped show around on their first visit to church, and then seeing them weeks and months later still be coming is really cool!

My friend was the team lead and stepped down a few months ago. Since then we had a lady step in since no one had stepped up to lead, and she has been our Interim team lead. Last month we were standing at the Info Desk serving and she asks me how long I've been coming to NV. I sensed she was leading into something but I wasn't sure what and walked right into it. HA!!

She told me she though I would be a great team lead and asked me if I would consider it. Well, as some of you might know I have health issues. I (somewhat) manage them with medications, and have to take two different sets of meds in the morning before I can go anywhere. And I can't take them at the same time. To give you an idea, I get up at 7 am, to be at the 11 am service.

So I did the math in my head and realized 1. I couldn't get up at 4 am to be at church at 8:15 am. And I just wasn't sure If I could do 5 am, if I would have enough time. So I told her I didn't think I could do it. And then I went and handed out Bulletins and started to feel bad that I had said no so quickly. A recent sermon that Pastor Steve had admonished people to quit saying they would pray about it, as God tells us to serve rushed through my head. And I decided I could at least try one Sunday. I explained my medication issues, and she was so nice and understanding.  But I really felt like I should try. Sooooooo.... that leads us to this past Sunday. It was our day to serve and I was set to be at church before 8:30 am for our Prayer Circle, and would stay for both services as I shadowed our lead.

I dreaded setting my alarm for 5 am the entire week. But Saturday night at 9 pm I crawled into bed and whimpering, sat my alarm to 5 am.

4 am rolls around, and I wake up to use the facliites and pray I can get back to sleep for a little bit. Since my ear is STILL giving me problems, I decide it would be wise to put my ear drops in now, and hopefully snooze for a little bit, so I can save time not having to do them in the next hour when I wake up. So I put my ear drops in, and eventually fall back asleep.

I wake up awhile later, and roll over thinking I bet my alarm goes off soon. Right as I think that it goes off. Perfect timing! I turn it off and grab my phone so I can check my email and such for a few minutes while I wake up.

My phone says 6:13 am.


WHAT??!!!

I grab my alarm clock.

6:13 am.

I jump out of bed, run to the bathroom and flip on the light, the bathroom wall clock says 6:13 am.

My heart is racing at this moment. I have less than two hours to get ready and was already going to be pushing it for time, having 3 hours if my alarm had went off when it was supposed to!

I run back to my bedroom, get my first wave of medicine out, gulp it down, run back into the bathroom and hop in the shower.

Halfway through my shower as I'm waking up I realize I accidentally took one of my nighttime medications. The one I ONLY take at night because it makes you very drowsy. Not to mention I have taken it a mere 9 hours before. Oh this is not good! I wanted to google adverse side effects from my medication BUT I DIDN'T HAVE TIME!!

I rush through getting ready and barely make it out the door in time. I wind up at church with too dark face power on, and coffee on my NOSE which no one told me about and was on my nose until I used the facilities between services. thanks friends!

We're standing in the prayer circle at 8:30 am when suddenly I realize I'm having an Adverse Effect from my accidental second dose of medicine. I proceed to be rather dizzy and weird in the head feeling for the next three hours. But I push through it. #LikeABoss

All I could think of the whole time was Lord, I think you're giving me my answer, I don't think I can handle this!

But then the Lord gives me another answer. (And I'll make this part short since the other was an Epistle.) As we were working and talking my interim team lead said that if I could lead the late service, and my friend Jen, who serves with us, could lead the first service, they would let us be Co Team Leads! WHAT?! That's a huge answer to prayer! And right as she was saying that, who do I see but good ol Jen checking her kids in for the early service. We joked later on that she just thought she was coming to the first service to worship and then helping serve at the second service and lo and behold before the first service was done she found herself as a co team lead and the leader of the first service. HA! But it was a huge answer to prayer! And the only reason she was at the first service was that now her oldest is in 5'th grade, and the 5'th grade has a special service ONLY during the first service, so the family had to switch what service they went to. is that a God thing or what?!! Needless to say it was a very eventful morning! For both of us :)


My sweet friend and Co Team Leader!!

So the funny thing is, We were taking this Selfie so we could send it out in our email to our team before we lead next month. After we take this I say something like should we do our two fingers up  for team two? She looks at me. So I do it again. And say Team Two? Teammmmmm TWO?!! She says, umm... Isn't that a peace sign.? Yes, but it's also a two? and we are team TWO?? Suddenly she gets it and we both just burst out into laughter. I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes! It was seriously the funniest thing, and I think the policeman on duty thought we were nuts.

(He is probably right)

Look what you have in store for you Team Two! HA HA!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea