Skip to main content

51/52

WHOOO HOOO!!! Made it to the last of 2017 and managed to do a weekly recap each week! I am proud of myself! Never mind that it's 2018 when I'm writing this. I didn't say they were all timely :)

 Christmas Day I woke up in my own house. Coffee and foodless. It was a rough start! I packed up my carry on, and hit the road for attempt #2 to go home. But first! I had a special stop to make. The day before I dropped off Christmas Cards my students had decorated and a big batch of my homemade fudge to our Police Dept. I wasn't able to do our other Police Dept (On the West Side) so I stopped there on the way home Christmas morning! I have to say it was really fun to do it on Christmas morning! I met a really nice Officer and he was super sweet and so appreciative of the gift. Made my day! After that I stopped at the gas station for a little gas and got a drink and a mini bag of chips for breakfast. 
 I finally made it home, carried all my stuff inside and it was FINALLY, can I say finally anymore? FINALLY time for Christmas dinner. Y'all I was starved. STARVED.  I could have just ate the 7 layer salad and been happy but everything else was good also!
 Then it was time for Luke 2, which I took a video, no picture. And presents!

 How cute is my Mom in her new boots?!

We had a lovely time opening presents and taking our time. And I have no idea what we did in the evening. Actually I think that was the one time I read!
 Because the next day this looney toons arrived!
 His reindeer reenactment.
 I like this face better though!

Little brother in the background was too busy finding every single toy and making sure it was on the ground for all to trip on.
 And lusting over Grandpa's Tractors.
 While we were waiting for Grandpa to get home from work, Snugglemuffin and I played a round of Christmas Who Am I. He is as Savage as his Auntie is!
 Then it was present time! I gave Lovemuffin a ton of books, and he really liked them. He was reading away!
 Sweet boy.
 After their wrestling match. I can't even handle how tall Snugglemuffin is getting. Those darn on this day pop up on facebook and they kill me every time.
 He sat beside me on the loveseat for the first year, and we had such a nice time! I told him funny stories from teaching and he understood them! We hung out while opening presents and I marveled over when and how he got this big?!
 Lovemuffin likes to help people open presents. (When his are gone. HA!)
 After the boys presents were opened it was time for a late dinner. Someone was feeling a little Hangry. I asked him, Alexander, do you get Hangry when you need to eat? And he replies by GROWLING at me! HAHAHAHA He might not talk your ear off but that kid is smart! And hilarious! I think it was the next day? Or the day after? I was reading a Berenstein Bears book to him, and we came across a page with a shark on it, and he fake screamed. HAHAHAHAHAH I said is that Scary? Lots of head nodding and UH HUH. I about died. He is SO funny!!

He also has started calling me Chee. Just like his big brother did. And largely because he has a name for everyone else but Auntie Charity is a handful, so we went with a tried and true. I love hearing that sweet little voice say Chee! I have him on video saying it and I won't tell you how many times I've watched it since we said goodbye.
 The next day it was more playing...
 Helping Nana in the kitchen...
 Basically your typical Wednesday.
 Thursday was more cooking. Sidenote. I went into the kitchen and saw all these white marks on the back of his shirt and pants. I had to sneak back out and go tell his Mommy to just talk a quiet walk into the kitchen. hahahah

 All Auntie wanted for Christmas was a good tree picture with her boys. I talked it up and kept telling them, ok, tomorrow we're going to look nice and sit in front of the tree and take pictures.

I had sat down in front of the tree to test the lighting and a certain little short someone came over and plopped himself into my lap without me even asking! My heart pretty much exploded at that moment. A year ago he wouldn't have done that! But now he has finally decided we are not serial killers and that he loves his Auntie Chee. Of course my third nephew Wolfie had to be in all the pictures as well.
 It was basically a Christmas miracle! I miss those two little stinkers already!

 The one who made me an Auntie. And his tooth that is half in, half out. :)
 Let me preface this by saying, if I ever have children I am stopping my Mom at the door when she comes to my house to make sure she doesn't have anything with batteries. She loves anything that makes sound. And therefore has several decorations that are not silent. Like the dog and snowman above, and the bear behind Lovemuffin who reads the night before Christmas. He was completely enamoured with both of them, and frequently had both going at the same time. It was loud.
 Mom and I in our matching plaid on Friday morning. Friday was the day we all left, I headed back to town, and the Iowan's back to their home state. It was an early morning but snow was moving in so we all needed to hit the road.
 I got back into town by 11 am. Unloaded, half unpacked, watched the news, went to Target, then went across town to a chiro apt and came back home in a snowstorm. I had to pick up some medicine at the pharmacy and saw DQ as I was driving by, and despite it being 17 degrees an oreo blizzard sounded delightful. And it was!
And then I hunkered down for several days. We had insanely cold temps, think -21. Yes I said negative. So I didn't go anywhere until the next weds when it got up in the teens. Even then my truck still did not want to start! The one good thing about the insane cold weather? I barely heard any fireworks on new years eve.

AMEN.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea