Skip to main content

8/52- The Start of my Birthday Week!!!!

Last week's weather can be summed up in two words. Wind and Rain. And my hair forecasted the weather QUITE well. it was huge and massively curly all week long.
Wednesday the countdown to my birthday got serious! Less than a week!
I posted this on IG, but I have to laugh when I see this picture. All I can see is my pianist fingers and the space between my pinky and ring fingers. # I like big chords and I cannot lie!

So Thursdays I don't teach until later in the afternoon. I Always think I will get a ton of work done at home and on the computer. And I usually end up running errands. That day I had a chiro apt, and then had to run to Aldi for groceries to make my special Sunday lunch for my birthday party with my parents.And I went somewhere else, but I can't remember where.......
I failed at taking pictures Friday and Saturday, but nothing exciting happened.

Sunday I was super excited for the day and really thankful to be feeling well. Last year my chronic illness flared up on the day my parents came and I was in pain and felt like hurling the entire time. I was really thankful that wasn't the case this year. Also, I'm sporting another new FREE Sears top!

TWO MORE DAYS!!

I got to church way early, even after stopping at McD's for a Coke for myself and a sweet tea for my Dad. I had purchased a new coffee creamer at Aldi. Italian Sweet Cream. I usually am a Mocha or Peppermint Mocha creamer but they were out, so I grabbed this. I did not see Coconut on the ingredients list but y'all. It was coconutty. And I DO NOT LIKE coconut. I couldn't even finish my coffee Sunday morning it was so bad. Luckily my Dad loves coconut so I sent it home with him!

I met my parents and stayed with them through the singing and then during the actual sermon I had to step out and attend a meeting for Team Leaders for the role I serve in at church. 

After church was over, and my meeting wrapped up I met my parents and we headed out!


So I got this ring light for my cell phone, so you don't have to walk around holding your phone up to find decent light. Mom said it blinded her. That is the price we pay for a good picture Mom!!!!
I made some crockpot chicken taco soup and it was delish! And my Parents brought a DQ Ice Cream cake! So yummy!!
I'm trying to pose with my cake since for the second year in a row people ignore me when it's cake time.........
And this is the face you make right after your Dad STICKS HIS FINGER IN THE ICING!!!!!

I told him he was cutting that piece and eating it since his finger had been in it.

# Turning into a Parent

# Frightening
It's really hard to get a picture with all three of us in it, lined up and looking good. Especially when the ring light is on and I can't see half of the screen. So I tried for a picture with just my Dad and this is the face I get.  At least he looks happy!!!!
My Mom made me the neatest pillow case! Its made out of one of our Northview shirts! I gave my Dad one that didn't fit me two Christmases ago. Apparently he never wore it, so my Mom fashioned it into a pillow care for me! It's perfect and matches my living room to a T!!

Happy Birthday week to me!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea