Skip to main content

10/52

 Monday started off on a great note! My birthday package from my nephews arrived! I died laughing when I saw the shirt my SIL had got me! #ILoveThe90's
 And I had to smile when I saw my card addressed to Auntie Chee. Lovemuffin can't pronounce my name, but he can say Chee! So that is who I am now!
 My sweet snugglemuffin colored me a snoopy picture. LOVE!! I am going to frame this. Didn't he do a great job!


 I also received pretty paintings from the boys. This one is on a shelf in the piano room.
 And this one is on my gallery wall in the living room!
 Later that night, wearing my new slippers they gave me, and eating leftover birthday ice cream cake. I finally ate enough that I could fit it into a smaller tupperware container. I'm not sure why DQ ice cream cakes have such a TALL lid??! Takes up half the space in my freezer!
 Wednesday morning I was sitting at my desk working and saw the postal worker delivering a package. What could it be? Who could it be from??

A pretty pink purse! From my Other Iowan Family, Auds!! So cute!!! I wasted no time in switching over my purse to this beauty! (Also, it's really hard to pose for a selfie with a purse)

 No Clue what happened to Thursday, (or Friday for that matter) but here we are on Sunday, TIME CHANGE SUNDAY. I was not excited. I hate springing forward, and to make matters worse it was my Sunday to serve and lead at church so I didn't just have to be awake, I had to be perky and coherent. It was a struggle. It was also a two coffee day.
 One at home and the second at church. And I was still yawning.
 After church selfie with my serving shirt and my adorable new purse from Auds!
 After church I ran to Sears, as the addiction with the Win It App, had me with 32.00 in points to spend. I really enjoy shopping when I am not spending real money. It's rather glorious. I walked away with this cute skirt, a christmas gift for Audra and...
 Another new purse! I have been wanting a saddle bag for a long time, and this cute little thing was on clearance. It is much smaller than what I'm used to and I'm still figuring out how to fit everything in it. But I'm a fan. My Chiropractor is going to fall over in shock when I show up with this at my next apt.
 Sunday afternoon after my free shopping I was really industrious at home. I cleaned the house and then made some pancakes to eat for breakfast this week. I love pancakes, but rarely make them. Why? I don't know.
And then I put together my new shoe rack! now, ignore the christmas mats in front of it. I need two for my students to stand on so they aren't walking all over my carpet, and I only have two in christmas theme. I need to make a trip to Ollie's for some spring or more neutral mats but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Anyways, I am loving this shoe rack! My students have been complimenting me on it, and I'm hopeful this will make the entry way a little easier for people to come and go. As there are frequently one family leaving as another is coming in, and it's a small space.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea