Skip to main content

52/52

Whew! Look at me all caught up! Just in time for the New Year!

When we last left off,  I was at the Farm with my nephews.

Christmas Eve I got up bright and early again to get ready to head back to town to serve at my churches Christmas Eve Services. I was in charge of leading guest services for both services. I also had to run to both of our local police depts before church to drop off the cards my students had decorated for them and the treats i had made. That is possibly my favorite Christmas eve tradition! I love surprising them and how excited they get. Doing something nice for someone, when they don't expect it, is just really fun!

 I made my deliveries and then arrived early at church. I waited by the fireplace chatting and got congratulated on my recent engagement by Pastor Dave. Except i'm not engaged. Or even dating. HA! We were both confused, but it became the joke of the evening. Bless his heart, he was excited for me. I would be too! HA HA HA!
 It was controlled chaos. Or maybe just chaos. But in a fun way! By the time the second service rolled around I had hit my groove and felt like I knew somewhat what I was doing. It helped the second service had 100 less people than the first :) My friend Laura came to serve for that second service so of course we had to take a selfie.
 Families were getting their pictures taken by the tree. Me? Selfie alone.  Hashtag Single. Hashtag Too bad I'm not engaged. HA!

I popped my contacts out, and put my glasses on, loaded up my cup of apple cider and hit the road back home to the farm!
 The one picture I took of myself on Christmas Day. Y'all I was tired. And later that evening I found out why I was tired when I realized I was getting a cold. Ugh. My Mom woke up Christmas morning getting her own cold, and I followed in her footsteps hours later.
 Dad read Luke 2 again, although he left out poor Simeon, we prayed and then opened gifts!



 I made my way back to Lafayette the next day and was very happy I had already taken my Christmas stuff down since all I wanted to do was lay on the couch and be miserable!

Later that week I made my way over to UC to discover that I had the trifecta of germs and an ear infection to go along with everything. 

I spent the rest of Christmas week on the couch and in bed. I had to cancel my plans to celebrate with Audra, which really made me sad. No bueno to being sick.


 After days of being sick and miserable I really wanted to go to church on Sunday but wasn't sure if I would feel well enough to go and didn't want to spread germs. But I woke up a half hour before my alarm was set to go off, bright eyed and bushy tailed! The medicine was finally kicking in!!! YAY!!

I went to church and got to hear Pastor Dave preach, which was exciting since it's usually Pastor Steve on the big screen. Then I came home and proceeded to start cleaning my extremely messy house. It was terrible.  But I made a huge dent on cleaning and organizing. Even though my knee was killing me at the end of the day, it was worth it!
Also, My Dad loves NCIS and we watched it pretty much everytime he had the TV on at the farm. So what did I watch on Netflix while I was having lunch Sunday? Yup, NCIS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea